Who We Are:
A Nurse Practitioner is a Registered Nurse with an advanced University education who provides personalized, quality health care to patients. Nurse Practitioners are regulated by the College of Nurses of Ontario. Nurse Practitioners can diagnose and treat illnesses, prescribe medications, and order diagnostic tests. Nurse Practitioners work both independently and collaboratively with Physicians, Registered Nurses, Pharmacists, Dietitians, and Mental Health Counsellors to provide individuals and families with high quality care services.
A Nurse Practitioner provides care to patients of all ages with a focus on preventing disease and promoting good health.
- Assess, diagnose, and treat illness, and injuries
- Perform physical check-ups
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests
- Prescribe medications
- Blood pressure management
- Cold and flu like symptoms
- Assess, and manage chronic disease
- General health and wellness
- New health concerns
- Preventative screenings
- Driver Medicals
For more information, or to schedule an appointment with a Nurse Practitioner please call the Dryden Area Family Health Team.