The Dryden Diabetes Centre is a client centered diabetes program offering access to services and programs that can help improve your health. We provide grassroots community based awareness and education programs through seminars, workshops and community awareness events.
- We focus on management, prevention and early diagnosis of diabetes.
- We provide services to the Dryden District from Ignace to Vermilion Bay.
- We serve all people regardless of age, culture or language.
Our goals are to increase basic knowledge of diabetes, to help develop the skills needed to manage a healthy, positive lifestyle and to increase the quality of life for people with diabetes and their families.
Our objective is to provide a continuum of care within the Dryden District and to ensure that people with diabetes and their families have access to the necessary tools to enable them to manage their diabetes.
The Dryden Diabetes Centre accepts:
- referrals from physicians within our catchment area
- referrals from other community health service programs
- Self referrals are accepted if physicians are not available