Chronic Pain Self-Management Program
The Chronic Pain Self-Management Program is a 8 week workshop (1.5 hours once weekly for 8 weeks) designed to help you learn ways to self-manage your chronic pain condition.
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep.
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance.
- Appropriate use of medications.
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals.
- Pacing activity and rest.
- How to evaluate new treatments.
- Difference between acute and chronic pain
- Debunking myths about chronic pain
- Pain and symptom cycle
- Moving Easy Program (a light exercise program)
- Pacing activity and rest
- Medications and chronic pain
- Fatigue and sleep management
- Communicating about pain.
Research studies have found that, on average, people who have taken the program have more vitality, less pain, less dependence on others, improved mental health, and are more involved in everyday activities compared to people who have not taken the program.
No physician referral needed, just call and make an appointment!